7.31.2004

This is 100% un-American:

http://www.borderlandnews.com/stories/borderland/20040731-149566.shtml

I went to the Cheney event in Wrightstown, not because I am a supporter, but because I am curious and enjoy politics. I did not applaud, but I did not boo or heckle, I just listened.

Granted, I got a few weird looks from people when I didn't applaud at the applause lines. When asked I responded "I am a democrat."

Now, that got some weird looks....

"Why would you come to this, then?"

"Because I want to hear what he has to say. I think it is important."

They looked like I had just punched them in the gut. I am sure they were thinking "Why would someone want to listen to something they disagree with?"

THIS SHOULD NOT BE WEIRD! We should take the time to listen to each other. We should discuss, not scream. We should find a way to make this society work for the people.

Granted, after I got out, I crossed the streets to the protest and picked up a sign.

-jef-

No comments: