8.04.2005

Pharmacist's Oath

Did you know they have one? I have bolded my favorite parts:

At this time, I vow to devote my professional life to the services of all humankind through the profession of pharmacy.

I will consider the welfare of humanity and relief of human suffering my primary concerns.

I will apply my knowledge, experience, and skills to the best of my abilityto assure optimal drug therapy outcomes for the patients I serve.

I will keep abreast of developments and maintain professional competency in my profession of pharmacy.

I will maintain the highest principles of moral, ethical and legal conduct.

I will embrace and advocate change in the profession of pharmacy that improves patient care.

I take these vows voluntarily with the full realization of the responsibility with which I am entrusted by the public.

Nowhere does it say anything about not giving out contrception....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats right. Nowhere does it say anything about not giving out contracpetives.

So it must be a matter of freedom of conscience. A pharmacist may choose not to dispense contraceptives based on moral grounds. Simply find a pharmacist that will dispense contraceptives. They must be everywhere. Internet included.