9.19.2005

When I'm Right - I'm Really Right!

Yesterday, I wrote of my opinion on Mr. David Hayford's comments on the tax issue:

http://jef4wi.blogspot.com/2005/09/northwestern-no-tax-commentator-is.html

In it, I said that Mr. Hayford did not want to pay taxes for the services he used in Winnebago County.

Well, it turns out I could not have been more right - here is a previously published item from Mr. Hayford:

Reader Reaction Forum: What tax would it be OK with you to raise?

NIMBY TAX: I have many suggestions, things I do not like or use. Cauliflower is one item legislators should tax heavily. I do not use state campgrounds, so a hefty increase in fees for that would help. I do enjoy golf, though, so those fees should be held to a minimum. Legislators should increase income taxes on the rich, defined as anyone who makes more money than I do.

David Hayford,
Appleton


http://www.wisinfo.com/postcrescent/news/archive/opinion_20552807.shtml

Do we now see the type of argument that side is making against providing services for our citizens?

No comments: