4.04.2006

Candidate Statement

Note: In the interest of providing info for the election, I'm adjusting the date on this post to keep it on the top. New posts will be below.

This is the statement I sent out that I referenced here:

I am running for Winnebago County Board because I feel that we need to ensure an equal balance between funding and delivery of services to the residents of Winnebago County. I also believe that we can find this balance while upholding a good quality of life for both the taxpayers and the hard-working county employees they fund.

To often people demand a cut in their taxes on the backs of county and municipal workers. To often people turn to privatization schemes to save money simply by hollowing out worker’s pay.

I believe that Winnebago needs to fund the services on which working people rely, and provide a fair wage for those county workers that provide these services.

This is not to say that there will not be cuts and difficult funding decisions to make in the upcoming budgets. I pledge to work in the best interest of Winnebago County when we look at services provided or to be consolidated. And in the same token, fight to ensure that these services are funded through a fair and progressive system.

I believe that the greatest statement of the morals of an organization is where it chooses to expend its resources. I will not balance the budget on the backs of working families and the poor. I will not add to the struggle of the vulnerable to fund breaks for the comfortable or affluent.

I will also be a voice for these issues at a local, county and state level.

There are major opportunities for Winnebago County in the funding and budget debates we will have over the next few years. I hope to help guide Winnebago to a
future where we support our neighbors and ensure fairness in service and burden while seizing every opportunity for advancement and a better county.

It is in this spirit that I ask for your support and your vote on April 4th, 2006 for Winnebago County Board.

Please feel free to contact me anytime at 920.203.6883, email me jef@jefhall.com or through my website,
www.jefhall.com with any questions.


My interview with the Northwestern can be found by clicking here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where do you stand on the county board size issue? If the county board votes to reduce itself by 4 members thus stopping any citizens group effort to reduce the size by a much larger number until the next census, would you support such an effort? While we all support fair wages for workers, you must realize the benefit packages county workers have now are not realistic with the private sector or the budget constraints we face. If concessions are not made we will either lose workers and or programs.

Jef Hall said...

If you go to my website: www.jefhall.com - I have links to post I have written on many of these items.