7.18.2006

My Condolences to His Family, but This Wasn't Me...

I have received a number of calls and emails about this, so I wanted to post a note letting people know that I am fine.

The obituary I posted last week was that of my grandmother. The fact that her funeral happened the same day as this incident may have cause some confusion.

My sympathies are with the Hall family (no relation) at this time.

Man who died at NFdL Pool identified
The Reporter Staff
A North Fond du Lac man who died Sunday at the North Fond du Lac Community Pool has been identified as Jeffrey A. Hall, 38, of 155 Broadway St.

An autopsy is scheduled today to determine cause of death, but officials believe he did not drown, said Village Administrator Mell Smigiel-ski.

According to his obituary in The Reporter to-day, Hall died of an apparent heart attack.

"Anything we say today is preliminary, but there might be reason to suspect something other than drowning," Smigiel-ski said Monday.

Foul play is not suspected, he said.

Officers and rescue personnel were called to the pool about 3 p.m. Sunday after pool lifeguards pulled Hall out of the water. He was pulseless and not breathing.

Hall was pronounced dead at St. Agnes Hospital.

No comments: