8.12.2008

Not to Belabor a Point here, But... (Randy Hopper Response)

Here is what Randy Hopper (or at least his mouthpiece) has to say:

Nelson said the alleged misconduct never took place, as all political discussion between Randy Hopper and John Townsend happened at a lunch meeting, not in a Capitol office.
This means 2 things:

1. The Hopper Campaign is acknowledging that it would be illegal for Hopper and Townsend to have this discussion in the office, or else there would not be a denial.

2. Hopper and his campaign seem to be contradicting themselves. Once again, the complete quote from Randy Hopper in the WI EYE interview is:

I came to Madison to meet with John to talk about my potential for running. We went to lunch and then we went back to his office and shut his door so we could talk about what I needed to do in the campaign. He had a great satellite map of the 151 bypass and I thought, “Wow, this is really a neat map.” I could see my office in the map and I said, “Let me see if I can find my house.” And I located my house and I said, “John, why does my house have pink lines drawn around it?” And it turns out, well I knew this already, but at the time I wasn’t assuming anything, but my house is an island with two other homes in the 53rd district and my backyard is in John’s district, but my house is in Carol Owen’s district.
Hopper himself said that he spoke about the campaign after lunch, after closing the door, in a tax-payer funded office, with a taxpayer map.

Lies after the matter will not change the statement made before the complaint. And recorded.

See for yourself. The interview can be seen here. The statement starts at the 9:00 minute mark.

2 comments:

CJ said...

The dude should just stop talking....


definitely not senate material.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.