6.23.2005

Answers to Questions

There has been a lot of chatter on the various Oshkosh blogs about a run in I had recently. I thought I'd answer any questions here.

I, personally, did something stupid. I regret it, I own up to it. I paid my fine and co-operated throughout the process. I sincerely apologize to anyone who was affected.

I learned two things from this experience. The first is that my personal actions have consequences that reverberate farther than I knew – I will remember this for the future.

Second, I learned that local politics have become too poisoned. It is because of personal stands that I previously took that this story was pushed.

While I am proud of these past stands on my individual issues, I admit that I may have been shrill. I pledge to stay involved with pushing issues I feel important to Oshkosh, Wisconsin and on; I, however, hope to do so in a more polite manner in the future.

I hope that Oshkosh, from here on out, can be a place where everyone is welcomed into the political process. And that issues can be debated in a forthright and polite manner.

If there is anyone affected by my personal actions, who has further questions, feel free to contact me directly.

No comments: